Artists & Curators
Imagine having an entire hotel room, free of charge, for 4 days, to showcase your work to thousands of curators, journalists, gallery owners and private collectors in one of the world’s greatest art cities. By applying to the ARTROOMS you have a chance to be on one of the 70 artists who are selected by an independent team of art experts to exhibit in the 2017 show.
Are you an up and coming art curator who loves to create engaging experiences? Help us curate the ARTROOMS 2017 show and showcase your talent to the London art community. This year we are selecting a team of curators who will each be responsible for directing a group of artists. Each curator is hand picked from the list of applications by an independent team of art experts. Apply here to be selected for the curation team.
How It Works
Register your details and pay the application fee.
Fill your application online by the 30th of June.
Wait to be notified of your success.
Let’s get you registered. Please complete the info below:
Are you an artist?
Are you a curator?
Upon submission. You will be sent to Paypal.com to complete the registration fee.
By submitting an application, you attest that the body of work you propose to exhibit is not represented by any art gallery, agency, or art consultancy, commercial or otherwise. We reserve the right to reject your application should it be discovered you have misrepresented yourself in this regard
What Can You Create?
What Can You Create?
The only limit is your imagination – and the ceiling Anything goes as long as it’s not permanent (nails in the walls are ok but not screws, and you are not able to remove the bed from the room).
Here’s a video from the 2015 show for a sample:
The first edition of ARTROOMS took place in January 2015 at the Melia White House Hotel in central London, exhibiting 97 artists and over 700 art works in 4 days.
The standard room is 24 square meters though, for some projects, we are able to offer a larger superior room. Artists click here to download further info, including a sample floor plan. Curators click here to download further info, including a sample floor plan.
Frequently Asked Questions
Our most frequently asked questions:
- Who can apply?The show is open to all artists world wide who do not have exclusive agency representation in the UK.
- What is the selection process?From the 1st of July to the 31st of August, the Selection Committee together with the Artrooms team will evaluate all applications. Only successful applicants will be notified.
Please Note: APPLICATIONS MAY GET SOLD OUT! Last year we received a very high volume of applications. This year we may have to close the application process registration early. Don’t worry, however, once you have registered, you will still have until the 30th of June to return your application, even if we stop receiving new registrations.
- How will I be notified?Due to the large number of applications received last year, results will be sent only to successful applicants. Therefore, we recommend checking the ARTROOMS social media and site regularly for updates and we kindly ask that you DO NOT email Artrooms Fair for updates as everything will be posted accordingly to our website in the event you do not hear from us via email.
- What do I have to submit?You will be required to fill in an online application and submit sample artwork either in the form of photos or, in the case of performance art, a video.
All media is accepted. This includes, but is not limited to, painting, photography, sculpture, video, and all two-dimensional and three-dimensional work, new-media and any non-traditional media. Do not apply with work that is dated prior to 2013.
Submit up to 3 JPEGS of different works. JPEGS must be labeled as follows: Name_title_media_sizeincm_year.jpg Maximum-pixel height/width is 900×900 at a preferred 72dpi.
Artists working in video or time-based media can submit up to 3 video stills, accompanied by a maximum of 2 unique videos edited to a maximum preview runtime of 1 minute. (Please indicate the full runtime of your video in the description of your work.) Videos must be uploaded to a password-free hosting site such as Vimeo or Youtube. Please provide the link in the description of your work. Videos protected by passwords will not be viewed. Artists of interest will be contacted to submit videos of a longer or full runtime. Do not post DVDs to Artrooms Fair as they will not be considered.
- Are there any costs involved?Use of the room during the exhibition is absolutely free, however, we do charge a 30% commission on all sales made from the exhibition (details of this in the agreement that you will receive if selected).
- What are the eligibility requirements?Artists worldwide, at any stage of their careers may apply.
- Are there any artwork restrictions?All artwork must be available for sale during the exhibition dates.